What is social media about?
Social media is essentially about creating a community and a conversation. Differing from traditional marketing and advertising techniques, social media gives a voice to your customers – allowing them to interact with your business and your brand rather than simply listening to it.
Social media is less about talking at your customers and more about engaging with them – providing content that is of interest and participating in conversations about your brand and your industry.
Why do I need it?
New generations of customers like to interact on the web, like to have their feedback heard and acted upon and rely on their peers to recommend great products and services. Social media ticks all these boxes.
Quite apart from your customer’s expectations, social media can:
- Create word of mouth
- Spark demand/increase sales
- Build brand awareness
- Improve Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Provide a platform for customer feedback
- Gain competitive insights
- Provide a long campaign cycle – it’s always on the web
- Be used for intelligence gathering (surveys, product development etc)
Social media tools
Pipwick Marketing can assist with a number of Social Media tools including:
How Pipwick Marketing can help
We understand many businesses don’t have the time and resources to dedicate to maintaining their social media presence – it’s time consuming and “always on.” Response time is crucial and updating with relevant information is vital to keep customers engaged, interested, demanding and talking about your brand.
Pipwick Marketing can:
- Create and post content regularly – including testimonials, videos, surveys, starting discussions, provide links to industry related activity and news as well as campaign specifics such as product promotions
- Engage on your behalf – listen and respond to your customer’s insights
- Establish KPIs that are aligned with your business KPIs
- Regularly measure and assess results – not “set and forget”